Maintain receipts, records, and withdrawals of the stockroom
Receive, unload, and shelve supplies
Perform other stock-related duties, including returning, packing, pricing, and labeling supplies
Inspect deliveries for damage or discrepancies and report those to accounting for reimbursements and record keeping
Rotate stock and coordinate the disposal of surpluses
Ensure adequate record keeping and manage all documentation to confirm proper stock levels and maintain inventory control
Coordinate the handling of freight, the movement of equipment, and necessary minor repairs
Duties of store keeper: These can be briefly set out as follows :
1. To exercise general control over all activities in Stores Department
2. To ensure safe keeping both as to quality and quantity of materials.
3. To maintain proper records.
4. To initiate purchase requisitions for the replacement of stock of all regular stores items whenever the stock level of any item of store approaches the minimum limit fixed in respect thereof.
5. To initiate action for stoppage of further purchasing when the stock level approaches the maximum limit.
6. To check and receive purchased materials forwarded by the receiving department and to arrange for the storage in appropriate places.
7. To reserve a particular material for a specific job when so required.
8. To issue materials only in required quantities against authorised requisition notes/material lists.
9. To check the book balances, with the actual physical stock at frequent intervals by way of internal control over wrong issues, pilferage, etc.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
The Candidates Should have Basic Computer Knowledge.
The Candidates Should have Completed Any Diploma/ Degree.
The Candidates Should have a Valid Driving License.
Freshers are also Eligible.